Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dad when you were my age…



I have two kids. One, who without effort is the “A” type personality who wants to “get it done” and has a “do it her way” attitude. The other, much more easy going, nothing bothers him, there’s always the “tomorrow” philosophy to life. Guess which one occupies more of my time? You got it, the Kenny Chesney, Margaritaville child that I love so much.

What is more frustrating is he has the true potential to be a successful high achiever. If he put just as much effort into putting in the hard work, as he does “taking it easy,” I would be a happy camper. Who am I to complain though, the apple does not fall far from the tree. Just goes to show, it is not what you say, but what you do that rubs off on your children.

I guess I should not be disappointed. In the clutch, he did pull off an “A” in a summer school biology class he is taking so he can “coast” during his sophomore year in high school. He was actually the “curve” for the class.

Happy daze.

No comments:

Post a Comment